Delcade frequently works on cases requiring an international approach. Indeed, for our clients having activities in many countries, more than one national legal system is often involved and they all need to be well understood in order to maximize the efficiency of the activity.
Delcade offers its international support to:
– French companies and;
– Foreign companies setting up in France or in another European country.
Regarding French companies, Delcade’s lawyers provide advice to SMEs (Small and Medium Enterprises) and international groups on any international legal issues such as :
- Assistance in negotiating foreign contracts (multilingual assistance);
- Due diligence of legal risks of opening a subsidiary or a branch;
- Foreign dispute resolution;
- Acquisition or sale of foreign assets;
- Equity subscription overseas;
- Joint venture;
- International seizure or tax issues;
- M&A and international restructuring;
- Commercial contract and international transport.
For foreign companies setting up in France, Delcade is able to provide advice in English on many important issues including :
- Opening of a branch or subsidiary in France;
- Acquisition of a foreign company;
- Acquisition of stakes in French companies;
- Development of commercial networks in France (franchise development, distribution networks);
- Representation in contract negotiation with a French or European company;
- Dispute resolution with a French company;
- Liquidation or legal rehabilitation of a subsidiary;
- Tax optimization and European set-up.
Several members of Delcade’s Law Firm are fluent in foreign languages (including English) and familiar with foreign legal systems; this facilitates contact with clients and ensures that legal and fiscal problems are managed efficiently.
The firm also maintains close relationships with a number of other law firms, interpreters and translators across Europe, the US and Asia in order to meet clients’ needs with regards to cross-border transactions.
As a member of the European Lawyers Association, Delcade benefits of a European network of high-caliber lawyers. In the South Western region of France, our office in Bordeaux is mentioned by the Embassy of the United Kingdom and is a member of Bordeaux Invest.
Delcade also have representative offices in Paris and London (on appointment only) as well as a branch office in Mauritius.
- Considerations in Commercial Contracting: Abrupt termination of an established commercial relationship - May 12, 2020
- #COVID-19 : The Amazon decisions: Our top 10 takeaways - May 5, 2020
- Buying and Selling A Vineyard In France - July 22, 2019
- Setting Up Business in France – TV and Media - June 19, 2019
- Setting Up Business in France – Franchising - June 19, 2019
- Setting Up Business in France – The Action Plan For Business Growth and Transformation Bill - May 17, 2019
- Setting Up Business in France – Foreign Tax Credit - May 17, 2019
- PACTE law - April 23, 2019
- French Disclosure: the key differences in civil trial evidence gathering The civil trial and interlocutory measures - April 14, 2019
- The French law regarding forced execution of a unilateral promise in contracts - March 18, 2019